Thursday 15 March 2012

A Lonely Rain




               Two years ago, when I came to Bangalore, I was on my own, alone.. Bangalore was, then, a city full of strangers to me and I just had my new job to excite me.. That was until my rendezvous with the Bangalore rains.. It was almost the end of the monsoon, but I made sure that I did get wet in the rains at every opportunity that I get.. It was my first experience of a lonely rain..
                Time went by and I made new friends, who would eventually make the rains a whole new memory every single time..
                Memory of kabaddi and football on a water-logged terrace in pouring rain.. The laughter from the slips and the falls.. The ummmm’s of the bondas, dosas and tea.. Splashing water while walking bare feet on the streets with shoes held in one hand and ice-cream in the other at midnight..
                It was a time when everyone was around and the memories etched in the mind..
                And now, it’s been two years and things have gone back to where they started from.. The rains are here again.. And I waited so long for them.. Once again, the smell of wet soil, the thunder and lightning and people running for shelter.. And me..
                It was good to walk the same old path again in the rains.. Felt like a walk down the memory lane.. Thinking about the good,  old times.. It was another rendezvous with the Bangalore rains.. But this time, there were no games, no bondas or dosas, no splashing of water.. and  no friends..
                It was just another experience with a lonely rain..


1 comment: